Thursday 9 September 2010

Fingers in the Trill


The last post was a true story about a budgie associate of my Gran, accidentally creating history by being sooted and booted.

This was another story about budgies that got my attention on the radio, to spare you the details here is the headline from the BBC:

A leading budgerigar breeder has told how thieves stamped three of his birds to death and stole another 21 from an aviary at his house in Cornwall.

Turns out this happened just before the Cornwall Budgerigar Show.

When I heard this story on the radio I thought the reporter said the budgies had been stabbed instead of stamped. I had visions of some numpty taking the time and care to chib a wee budgie.

Then I was almost bowled over when the news story got in an expert to comment and it was Geoff Capes, a previous winner of the World's Strongest Man! Turns out old Geoff is quite partial to a budgie or two and is now the elected President of the Budgerigar Society of Great Britain.

Life is wonderfully left field at times, which I love, unless you're a budgie.

The pic above is from www.itpaystowatch.co.uk .


No comments:

Post a Comment